Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Just Pray

This is a poem that I wrote for an assignment in my improvisation class, But I thought that some people might appreciate the opportunity to read it. :)

A lonely road it sometimes seems
this journey we call life.
With it's splits, it's twists, and unexpected turns
at times it's easy to feel strife.

Yet through all my troubles
and my darkest of despairs,
I've found there is a light inside
which aids in my repair.

I've had the insight all along
but burried it deep inside.
Thinking I could manage on my own
I was hiding behind my pride.

But in my darkest moments
when all my hope had strayed
I was ready to give up
and let the light inside me fade.

A part of me still holding on
not ready to give up.
For I knew that I was still alive
due to this bitter cup.

With death threatening to take me,
loved ones pleading to let me stay.
The only thing they knew to do
was get on their knees and pray.

And by the Grace of the Alrighty God
I am standing here today.
Now whenever in need in anyway,
I'll always think, "Just Pray"!

Meningitis was awful, but I am so grateful for the growth that I have had from the experience.
I have been given a second chance at life. Carpe Diem!  We never know if tomorrow will come, so live today!

Live, Laugh and Love!!!

Mags

No comments:

Post a Comment